Apples and Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 bowl (1/4 of recipe)
Calories: 316 • Fat: 8 g • Carbs: 53 g • Fiber: 6 g • Protein: 9 g • Sugar: 20 g Sodium: 35 mg
Note: Nutritional information may vary depending on weather you decide to use all the ingredients.
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp cinnamon + more for sprinkling
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 1 cup warmed fat-free milk for drizzling (non-dairy milk is fine)
- 1 gala apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
Combine quinoa, water, cinnamon and vanilla in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes until quinoa can be fluffed with a fork.
Divide cooked quinoa between four bowls then stir in apple sauce, raisins, and pour in warmed milk. Top with fresh cut apples and pecans and a dash of cinnamon.
Makes 4 servings. You can divide the recipe to make 2 servings.